qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Cross compiling qemu for ARM

From: Steffen Liebergeld
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Cross compiling qemu for ARM
Date: Fri, 28 Nov 2008 10:13:25 +0000 (UTC)

Hi,

I'm trying to get Qemu 0.9.1 cross compiled for the ARM platform.

I have been using these configure flags:
--target-list=arm-softmmu
--source-path=$HOME/Source/qemu-0.9.1/
--cross-prefix=arm-linux-
--static
--host-cc=/usr/bin/gcc-3.4
--prefix=$HOME/Binary/qemu/
--disable-linux-user
--disable-darwin-user
--disable-sdl
--disable-gfx-check

I have the complete arm crosscompiling toolchain including crosscompilers and
libs like zlib. (Unfortunatly I didn't find an option to give paths to zlib
headers and lib, so I set them manually. Do you know an easy way to set them?)

Compiling goes well until dyngen tries to execute:
make[1]: Entering directory `/home/s1010824/Build/arm/qemu/arm-softmmu'
../dyngen -o op.h op.o
dyngen: op_movl_T0_r0, 8: function too small
make[1]: *** [op.h] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/s1010824/Build/arm/qemu/arm-softmmu'

Do you have an idea how I can fix that? Did you do cross compilation of qemu
yourself and know good documention about it?

Thank you in advance,
Steffen Liebergeld