qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Isochronous problem with usb OHCI

From: Pierre Le Magourou
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Isochronous problem with usb OHCI
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2008 17:20:38 +0100

Hi,

I try to use a webcam (logitech E 3500) through Qemu USB OHCI and have a problem with isochronous frames. Here is a little description :

When Isochronous traces are activated I can see that isochronous packets come from the host (async_complete function in usb-linux.c). These packets are then completed in hw/usb-ohci.c, there it calls ohci_process_lists function with completion parameter set to 1. The problem is that it then does not call the ohci_service_ed_list function in order to finish the isochronous packet completion and send it to the target. The OHCIState->ctl is neither a control nor a bulk list.

In fact, I wonder what is the normal behavior for an isochronous packet completion. Does someone have had a similar problem with isochronous frames when using usb ohci ?

--
Pierre