qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] LSI53C895A, IDE HDD detection under SCO OpenServer 5.0.

From: Craig Ringer
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] LSI53C895A, IDE HDD detection under SCO OpenServer 5.0.5
Date: Tue, 04 Nov 2008 12:41:45 +0900

Justin Chevrier wrote:

> Well I've made some progress with getting the LSI53C895A emulated card
> working under Openserver. After going through the debug log and scratching my
> head for quite some time. I found the following:
>
> The problem was with this block move:
>
> lsi_scsi: SCRIPTS dsp=0fae8e50 opcode 01000028 arg 00f63c40
> lsi_scsi: DMA addr=0x00f63c40 len=36

Brilliant. I was just gearing up to start tracing the SCRIPTS stuff and
figuring out how/where it was going wrong. I'm so very glad you decided
to take a look at it, especially since I'm not sure I would've spotted
that issue at all.

> The attached patch gets Openserver 5.0.5 past the hardware detection
> (and it lists the hard drive to boot, woohoo). It appears to stop a little
> while later (doesn't seem SCSI related), but it's been so long since I've
> booted Openserver I'm not sure what's supposted to happen after the HW
> detection using the boot/root disks.

I'll try your changes and test from there. I have an image of an
existing, working OpenServer install that I can try to boot by using
"link=slha" on the boot command line and see how I go, and there's the
install CD to test with as well.

--
Craig Ringer