qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] [RFC] Disk integrity in QEMU

From: Avi Kivity
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [RFC] Disk integrity in QEMU
Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2008 11:47:43 +0200

Laurent Vivier wrote:
I am assuming that we will provide true O_DIRECT support soon.

If you remember, I tried to introduce zero copy when I wrote the
"cache=off" patch:

http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.emulators.qemu/22148/focus=22149

but it was not correct (see Fabrice comment).

Yes, this is not trivial, especially if we want to provide good support for all qemu targets.