qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] [patch 1/2] machine struct - use C99 initializers

From: Anthony Liguori
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [patch 1/2] machine struct - use C99 initializers
Date: Mon, 06 Oct 2008 10:23:02 -0500

Johannes Schindelin wrote:
Hi,

On Mon, 6 Oct 2008, Jes Sorensen wrote:

Johannes Schindelin wrote:

P.S.: before somebody says that GCC is C99 compliant: search the mailing list for the Beos GCC2 issue which was mentioned not long ago.
GCC is sufficiently C99 compliant to handle this style of initializers. Maybe it's not C99 compliant enough for other stuff, but on this front it does just fine.

I just wish you would have researched a bit better. (And no, adding to the pile does not make your intention any better.)

Nobody ever disputed that _you_ have no problem with your patch.

FWIW, we already use this feature in QEMU. Is there a specific compiler you're concerned about? QEMU won't compile on a compiler that doesn't support this construct right now and hasn't been able to for a very long time (years, if ever).

Regards,

Anthony Liguori

Sigh,
Dscho