qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Mac OS X PPC host support (was: [4932] Preliminary PPC6

From: Andreas Färber
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Mac OS X PPC host support (was: [4932] Preliminary PPC64/Linux host support)
Date: Sat, 2 Aug 2008 18:35:37 +0200

Am 31.07.2008 um 23:50 schrieb Andreas Färber:

After some progress on booting, I get a whole screen full of "esp0: Data transfer overrun."

Yesterday I managed to boot up and work with sparc-softmmu on OSX/ppc just fine. What was different was that on first try it ran fsck for sda2 and probably got hung during that, on second try it ran fsck for sda2 and then for sda1 and failed shortly after. Since then I have not seen these issues again, neither on OSX/ppc nor an Solaris/amd64. So maybe it's just a problem when under stress.

Andreas