qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] [4932] Preliminary PPC64/Linux host support

From: malc
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [4932] Preliminary PPC64/Linux host support
Date: Sun, 27 Jul 2008 22:14:46 +0400 (MSD)

On Sat, 26 Jul 2008, Andreas F?rber wrote:

Am 26.07.2008 um 20:54 schrieb malc:

there are currently numbers hardcoded for Linux.

It's not just about numbers, last time i looked (cursory) the ABIs where
a lot different (PPC32 case) just changing the numbers wont get one very
far i think.

Of course not only, but it's one step that could be applied. The stack alignment is 16 Bytes for both, and the prolog in my ppc(32) branch seems to match the referenced Apple pseudocode now.

Where else do you have differences in mind? Which additional functions may need to be adjusted?

I'd have to check Darwins ABI to be sure, but here's the short list:

 a. Alignement of 64 bit arguments (in the register file)
    (This was the thing that confused Sparcs ASI helpers when i first
     tried to boot Sparc on, then new, PPC32 tcg)

 b. List of reserved registers

 c. The approach to TOC (or however Apple calls the substitute)

In any case, PPC32 + MacOS X i can help with. PPC64 + MacOS X not so much.

--
mailto:address@hidden