qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Bug in SDL key event processing

From: Ian Jackson
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Bug in SDL key event processing
Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2008 17:01:23 +0100

Anthony Liguori writes ("Re: [Qemu-devel] Bug in SDL key event processing"):
> This is because of your weird evdev scancodes.  QEMU expects the
> scancodes to be xfree86, not evdev.

Well, yes, but as Tomas Carnecky points out that is not a legitimate
assumption.  Specific keycode values are not a published part of the X
protocol; applications are supposed to use keysyms.

Indeed there exist physical X terminals (I have one at home) which use
different keycode values.  I can only assume that no-one with one of
these has used qemu and known how to report the resulting
misbehaviour.

Ian.