qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Bug in SDL key event processing

From: Tomas Carnecky
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Bug in SDL key event processing
Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2008 16:20:12 +0200

Samuel Thibault wrote:
Tomas Carnecky, le Thu 10 Jul 2008 16:03:39 +0200, a écrit :
Am I the only one who uses the evdev driver and runs QEMU? I can't believe that.

evdev has been experimental for quite a long time. I don't know e.g. a
distribution that uses it by default. I hence wouldn't be surprised.

It's used by default if the xserver runs on Linux and uses auto-configuration (hald). That feature has been added in xorg 7.2 or so. Evdev is actually the preferred way to talk to keyboards and such under Linux. It has been stable for a couple years now (since 2.6?), and I've been using it ever since I remember it was available in the kernel.

tom