qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Re: Boot Failure (CDROM boot failure code : 0004)

From: Natalia Portillo
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Re: Boot Failure (CDROM boot failure code : 0004)
Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2008 18:43:04 +0100

You are absolutely wrong.

If the CD is bootable, with the down dd command, the .ISO file is bootable.

That is true, checked by myself, for Power Macintosh, PReP, El Torito (IBM PC compatibles 32-bit and 64-bit, and AmigaONE), Sparc, Intel Mac, Pegasos/Efika and Amiga. Surely it is true also for other architectures, as long as the CD is standard at 2048-bytes/sec or 512-bytes/sec and dd gave no errors.