qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Re: Problem(s) with encrypted images

From: nuitari-qemu
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Re: Problem(s) with encrypted images
Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2008 15:02:27 -0400 (EDT)

> 2. When I start qemu, it just hangs there waiting for (assumingly) the > password of the encrypted image. However I cannot find the place where > the prompt actually is.

 qemu_key_check in vl.c does use monitor_readline, so you should see a
 "Password:"
 prompt in the monitor window (press ctrl-alt-2 to get there).

The initialization order seems to be wrong in main() (vl.c):

   for(i = 0; i < nb_drives_opt; i++)
       if (drive_init(&drives_opt[i], snapshot, machine) == -1)
           exit(1);
   *_display_init();
   monitor_init();

drive_init() got
if (bdrv_open2(bdrv, file, bdrv_flags, drv) < 0 || qemu_key_check(bdrv, file)) {

and qemu_key_check depends on the monitor:

   term_printf("%s is encrypted.\n", name);
   for(i = 0; i < 3; i++) {
       monitor_readline("Password: ", 1, password, sizeof(password));

Just changing the order in vl.c doesn't work.

For example I get:
VM_Serveur_de_scripts.crypt.qcow2 is encrypted.
Password: QEMU 0.9.1 monitor - type 'help' for more information
(qemu) blahblahblahblah
unknown command: 'blahblahblahblah'
(qemu)
(qemu)

Also connecting to vnc results in a segmentation fault with the reordering that I did.