qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] what is needed to shutdown a guest (including Qemu proc

From: Tomasz Chmielewski
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] what is needed to shutdown a guest (including Qemu process)?
Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2008 15:40:58 +0200

Paul Brook schrieb:
On Tuesday 10 June 2008, Tomasz Chmielewski wrote:
I'm trying to run Debian Etch with Qemu 0.9.1, using ARM Versatile/PB
machine emulation, with a self-compiled 2.6.20 kernel.

Everything works fine, except that I can't shutdown the guest properly.

When I want to halt the guest system, it shutdowns just fine up to:

   Will now halt.
   Synchronizing SCSI cache for disk sda:
   System halted.

But the qemu-system-arm process continues to run.

AFAIK the versatile/pb hardware doesn't have any mechanism for powering off. You have to kill it manually.

Does anyone know if any of other ARM flavour emulated by Qemu is able to power off?

--
Tomasz Chmielewski
http://wpkg.org