qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] NT4 guest mouse failure under qemu 0.9.1

From: Mark Cave-Ayland
Subject: [Qemu-devel] NT4 guest mouse failure under qemu 0.9.1
Date: Fri, 23 May 2008 12:07:54 +0100

Hi everyone,

I've noticed another failure within our qemu 0.9.1 NT4 guest with relation to the PS2 mouse driver. After several minutes of normal use, the mouse pointer suddenly goes mad, with the slightest touch of the mouse causing the pointer to go flying around the screen. The only solution to this problem is to reboot the VM instance :(

Looking at the NT4 Event Log, I see the following messages when this occurs:

An unexpected RESET was detected from the mouse device

Followed by:

Could not set the mouse sample rate

The latter message is repeated in the event log when the mouse is moved until the VM is rebooted. Has anyone experienced this behaviour before?

Many thanks,

Mark.

--
Mark Cave-Ayland