qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Good work on TCG

From: Andreas Färber
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Good work on TCG
Date: Wed, 14 May 2008 22:35:14 +0200

Am 14.05.2008 um 21:35 schrieb C.W. Betts:

On May 14, 2008, at 12:03 PM, Andreas Färber wrote:

Am 14.05.2008 um 06:01 schrieb C.W. Betts:

On May 13, 2008, at 3:52 AM, Mike Kronenberg wrote:

On 10.05.2008, at 09:21, C.W. Betts wrote:

I am quite happy with the work done on TCG. I was able to compile sparc, arm, and cris without any problems on my Mac running Leopard. Good work and here's hoping that the i386 guest will be completed soon.

may i ask for Your compilation setup (compiler/sdk versions) and cpu type?

Mac OS Leopard 10.5.2 using gcc 4.0 and a Core 2 Duo, but I built it in 32-bit mode. I do also have the iPhone SDK installed, if that matters at all. I just built Qemu; I didn't try to build the Q front-end on top of it. I did build it without any SDK (or the 10.5 SDK) and it did say that some calls were deprecated.

As for the other targets, I couldn't get dyngen to build, saying that the object format is unsupported. That and the current SVN builds seem to not want to build the (at least ppc and i386) translate.c file… on any host (I get a lot of errors of undefined functions when building on Linux; I don't know why).

You can build sparc without the dyngen, just cd to sparc-softmmu and type make. Due to it now being entirely tcg-based, it doesn't need dyngen to compile.

Okay, so in short:

Apply always_inline patch (extracted from Alexander Graf's Mac OS X generic support v2).

./configure --disable-gcc-check --enable-cocoa --target-list=sparc- softmmu
make
touch dyngen
make
make install

So far, so good.

Then, when trying to boot from Debian Etch 40r0 DVD 1, it hangs at
[sparc] Booting file 'cdrom' with parameters ''

Andreas