qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] [Patch] [kinda-resend] persistent real-time-clock

From: Tristan Gingold
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [Patch] [kinda-resend] persistent real-time-clock
Date: Tue, 6 May 2008 10:26:16 +0200

It's a bios parameter (just like default boot device). It makes sense to allow the bios to let the user customize bios parameters and have that be saved.

CMOS is non-volatile in real life so making it non-volatile in QEMU seems like the obvious thing to do.

I fully agree. Platforms have many non-volatile storage (CMOS, ethernet eeproms, flashes...). It would
be nice if qemu were able to making them non-volatile.

I'd plan to work on this, although not soon.

Tristan.