qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] [4341] qemu: generate signals on tap I/O

From: Anthony Liguori
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [4341] qemu: generate signals on tap I/O
Date: Mon, 05 May 2008 17:57:24 -0500

Aurelien Jarno wrote:
You're seeing improvement with normal QEMU?  Can you please post a
description of what you're seeing improve with SIGIO.  SIGIO should
really only slow things down.
I haven't tried Anders' patch, but the patch I accidentally committed
improved the network speed (tap mode) by a huge factor (I haven't the
exact factor in mind anymore). I can now easily reach 170 MBps with an
                                                  oops that is 170 Mbps

If you explicitly call host_alarm_handler in tap_send(), do you see the same improvement? Perhaps your host timer is just very slow?

Regards,

Anthony Liguori

e1000 card on the MIPS Malta target.

That's why I use that patch in my local tree.