qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] [ANN] Bochs bios ported to gcc

From: Kevin O'Connor
Subject: [Qemu-devel] [ANN] Bochs bios ported to gcc
Date: Tue, 1 Apr 2008 21:46:10 -0400

Hi,

I have been working on a port of bochs bios to gcc.  This port is
nearly complete.  The new code does not rely on bcc or dev86.
Instead, it uses standard gcc and gas.  It should compile on any
recent Linux distribution.

I'm sending this email because I understand qemu includes a copy of
bochs bios with its distribution.

I am successfully booting freedos, linux, and netbsd with qemu.  I'm
interested in finding people willing to test the bios on other images
and in different environments.  The code is still in a testing phase -
I don't think it will eat your data, but please be careful.

Source and pre-compiled bios images are available (use version 0.2.0)
at:

http://linuxtogo.org/~kevin/legacybios/

More information on the details of the project can be found in the
'README' file, or at:

http://git.linuxtogo.org/?p=kevin/legacybios.git;a=blob_plain;f=README

There is also a source code repository located at:

http://git.linuxtogo.org/

Comments?
-Kevin