qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] PS/2 mouse support for FC4 guest broken in QEMU 0.9.1

From: Even Rouault
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] PS/2 mouse support for FC4 guest broken in QEMU 0.9.1
Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2008 21:19:16 +0100

Thanks for the tutorial on how to use git bisection ;-)
In fact, whatever version control system you use, I think you spend most of
time recompiling and testing stuff...

Anyway, on the core problem I'm pointing out, does someone have any clue on
what should be done ? Should the revision 1.24 of
hw/pckbd.c ("QEMU keyboard issue with Gujin-2.2") be reverted ? Is there a way
to get FC4 to work again, and "Gujin" at the same time ? Is the patch of
revision 1.24 the right fix for Gujin and another additionnal fix is required
for the FC4 issue (presumably related to Linux kernel version 2.6.11) or
should it be reverted and a better fix found for Gujin ?

I tried to follow the discussion about that topic
(http://www.mail-archive.com/qemu-devel%40nongnu.org/msg12455.html) but I'm
afraid I'm lost in the details.

Best regards