qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Re: [kvm-ppc-devel] The default for char Literals differ in

From: Christian Ehrhardt
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Re: [kvm-ppc-devel] The default for char Literals differ in signedness between platforms causing us a lot of warnings
Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2008 13:29:39 +0100

Hi,
the following discussion is from kvm-ppc-devel, but it is actually an qemu
discussion so I move th topic to qemu-devel.
The original thread is cited in the mail below, in short the issue is the
following:

Newer gcc versions generate warnings about implicit casts between different
signed pointers.
That hits a lot of qemu code at least what I saw it compiling for ppc or x86.
So my question is, is there already a preferred qemu approach to get rid of
these warnings
either the -Wno-pointer-sign solution like in the kernel or something else (I
did not find
anything like that in the latest cvs snapshot or on this list)?

--- thread from kvm-ppc-devel ---