qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] define desired speed?

From: Jeremy C. Reed
Subject: [Qemu-devel] define desired speed?
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2008 15:34:03 -0600 (CST)

Any way to startup qemu with my own desired speed?

It does not have to be precise. And I don't want to slow down the host
system itself.

For example, I am using a 1900MHz system and need to test some
applications usability and performance as if it were running on a 233 MHz
CPU (or close).

Bochs provides a CPU "IPS" (emulated Instructions Per Second)
configuration that can be adjusted to get at least close to the desired
speed.

I am using qemu-0.9.0 (on NetBSD), but I also looked at the online docs
and didn't see anything related.

Also what do you use for benchmarking the estimated speed of qemu?

I know that BogoMips is not a real benchmark, but the Linux system I am
running in qemu says it is at 7497.31 BogoMIPS which is the probably same
as if I booted the Linux system outside of qemu on same 1900Mhz hardware.
(I was hoping to see the BogoMips in the 200 to 700 range.)

  Jeremy C. Reed

p.s. I emailed your devel list because I didn't see a users list.