qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] RFC: fix for random Qemu crashes

From: Heikki Lindholm
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] RFC: fix for random Qemu crashes
Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2007 17:06:58 +0200

J. Mayer kirjoitti:
Some may have experienced of having some Qemu builds crashing,
apparently at random places, but in a reproducable way.
I found one reason for this crashes: it appears that with the growth of
the op.c file, there may be cases where we could reach the inlining
limits of gcc. In such a case, gcc would not inline some declared
"inline" function but would emit a call and provide a separate function.
Unfortunately, this is not acceptable in op.o context as it will
slowdown the emulation and because the call is likely to break the
specific compilation rules (ie reserved registers) used while compiling
op.o

Does -winline give a warning when this happens?

-- Heikki Lindholm