qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Qemu Questions

From: address@hidden
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Qemu Questions
Date: Fri, 09 Nov 2007 20:42:52 -0500

I must apologize for subscribing to this list, but the Qemu users list is dead, sop this is my only option.
I understand it is a development list, but I would appreciate some help.

I will make it concise.

1) What is the best Distro to run Qemu on with the least hassles?
FYI, I now run it on FC7, but it is a lot of trouble. kqemu refuses to work on FC7 on a v20z Sun dual cpu dual core rack server XEN just completely doesnt load even though the Kernel is XEN, but at least qemu works with the following Caveat;
"Could not open '/dev/kqemu' - QEMU acceleration layer not activated"

2) Does an activated QEMU acceleration layer (missing above) make a huge difference?

3) I have several operating systems successfully loaded in Qemu sessions, but networking is just not working. I worked through loads of FAQs from the net, but to no avail.

4) Finally is there a preferred distro which is known to solve all the problems mentioned above?

Thanks.