qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] PC Bios source code?

From: Avi Kivity
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] PC Bios source code?
Date: Thu, 08 Nov 2007 16:26:44 +0200

Andreas Färber wrote:
Hi,

Am 08.11.2007 um 02:34 schrieb Jun Koi:

In pc-bios/ directory, we have bios.bin and bios.diff. As I
understand, qemu's bios is modified from bochs bios. But what are the
differences between our bios.bin and bochs bios.bin?

As there are some differences, where is the source code of our bios.bin??

As you said yourself, there's also a .diff file. It should contain all differences between original source code and modified source code. You can apply it to the original source code with patch.

But how can he tell what the original source is?

At the minimum the version numbers of all source files in the bochs cvs need to be listed.