qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] [RFC] linux-user (mostly syscall.c)

From: TJ
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [RFC] linux-user (mostly syscall.c)
Date: Sat, 03 Nov 2007 17:24:45 +0000

I'm glad you posted about your efforts since I've also been working on
solving related x86_64 build warnings caused by 32-bit int to 64-bit
pointer conversions.

warning: cast to pointer from integer of different size

There are a lot of these in syscall.c

I have in my drafts folder an RFC I was planning to post detailing the
issue (1,053 warnings in the x64_64 build) and how to resolve them -
some simply require a cast from abi_long/unit32_t to a larger integer
storage (same size as host-pointer-size) using the various pre-processor
macros and typedefs so the compiler can do implicit conversion from the
larger integer type to the pointer.

I'll post what I've written so far so it can be considered in
conjunction with your work.

The title is "RFC: x86_64 Best way to fix 'cast to pointer from integer
of different size' problems?"

TJ.