qemu-devel

RE: [Qemu-devel] Kernel panic - not syncing: No init found. Trypassing i

From: Kjel Delaey
Subject: RE: [Qemu-devel] Kernel panic - not syncing: No init found. Trypassing init= option to kernel.
Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2007 10:04:52 +0200

If I do this I got a VFS problem

Not syncing: VFS: Unable to mount root fs on unknown-block(3,1.)

I also tried to enable reiserfs support. I read on a forum that this may be a solution to the init problem. In my case it wasn't a working solution.

> From: address@hidden
> To: address@hidden; address@hidden
> Subject: Re:[Qemu-devel] Kernel panic - not syncing: No init found. Trypassing init= option to kernel.
> Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2007 09:19:59 +0200
> CC:
>
> On Friday 19 October 2007 09:13:40 address@hidden wrote:
> > Then I try this command:
> > qemu -m 32 hda rootfs.img kernel linux-2.6.18.1/arch/i386/boot/bzImage
> > -append “root=/dev/hda \clock=pit”
> >
> > and I get the error...
> >
> > I tried to pass init=/sbin/init or init=/bin/init but it doesn't help...
>
> Hi!
> Although allmost every documentation tells you to use exactly what you did, I
> always use
>
> qemu [....] -append "root=/dev/hda1"
>
> (note HDA1 instead HDA)
>
> and direct booting works fine for me :-)
>
> Clemens

Start vandaag nog je eigen Windows Live Space en deel je leven met je vrienden Windows Live Spaces