qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] handling SIGWINCH with qemu -nographic

From: Paul Brook
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] handling SIGWINCH with qemu -nographic
Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2007 03:32:02 +0100

On Tuesday 16 October 2007, Jeff Carr wrote:
> Has anyone looked into finding a way to pass SIGWINCH through to the
> guest? I started looking at linux-user/signal.c.
>
> For those that might not be familiar with SIGWINCH, supporting it
> would allow qemu -nographic to tell when the terminal is a different
> size than 80x24.

qemu emulates a real machine. Signals are an operating system concept, so your
question makes no sense.  Configure your guest OS exactly the same way you
would a real machine with a serial console.

The linux-user code is for the userspace emulation. You're obviously using the
full system emulation.

Paul