qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] qemu/target-sparc exec.h op.c op_helper.c op_me...

From: Andreas Färber
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] qemu/target-sparc exec.h op.c op_helper.c op_me...
Date: Sat, 22 Sep 2007 22:23:38 +0200

Am 22.09.2007 um 22:06 schrieb Aurelien Jarno:

I really doubt it is an endianness problem as the current CVS works
perfectly on GNU/Linux powerpc. The code in op_helper.c adds support for target little endian access (sparc is big endian), but it is anyway not
used in openbios. We have to debug the problem and find what is wrong
with OS X:

- Which version of GCC are you using?

I have a gcc 4.0.1 installed but configure appears to choose gcc-3.3:

$ gcc-3.3 --version
gcc-3.3 (GCC) 3.3 20030304 (Apple Computer, Inc. build 1819)
This is free software; see the source for copying conditions. There is NO warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.

- Could you please try to run qemu with -nographic?

I already tried that, it makes no difference - it hangs after "starting qemu...".

- Also could you please try to run qemu with -d in_asm,op and send us
/tmp/qemu.log?

Of course, see attached. (CVS HEAD configured as before, with .../ qemu-system-sparc -boot d -cdrom ...solaris10sparc.iso -nographic -d in_asm,op)

Thanks for your interest, and let me know,

Andreas