qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] qemu/target-sparc exec.h op.c op_helper.c op_me...

From: Aurelien Jarno
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] qemu/target-sparc exec.h op.c op_helper.c op_me...
Date: Sat, 22 Sep 2007 22:06:26 +0200

Andreas Färber a écrit :
> Am 22.09.2007 um 19:50 schrieb Aurelien Jarno:
>
>> The main think that would help is to find which commit has broken qemu
>> on OS X, or in other words the latest version that is working. Then it
>> would be a lot more easier to find what is wrong in the code.
>
> Okay, so on 2007-09-20 15:30:00 UTC it still worked, that's after the
> tadd fix by Blue Swirl.
>
> At 16:10 UTC booting from DVD was broken but the OpenBIOS screen was
> still displayed. This should be after the iommu fix by Blue Swirl
> (for which an endianness fix has been applied today).
>
> No change at 22:50 UTC after the flags extension by A. Graf.
>
> Again no change at 2007-09-21 19:09:45 UTC after the slavio_serial.c
> change by Blue Swirl.
>
> I regret having to confirm this but it indeed breaks completely at
> 19:11:00 UTC after your ASI patch is applied... In op_helper.c you
> appeared to change endianness handling but I don't really understand
> what the code does so it could be anything...

I really doubt it is an endianness problem as the current CVS works
perfectly on GNU/Linux powerpc. The code in op_helper.c adds support for
target little endian access (sparc is big endian), but it is anyway not
used in openbios. We have to debug the problem and find what is wrong
with OS X:

- Which version of GCC are you using?
- Could you please try to run qemu with -nographic?
- Also could you please try to run qemu with -d in_asm,op and send us
/tmp/qemu.log?

--
  .''`.  Aurelien Jarno             | GPG: 1024D/F1BCDB73
 `. `'   address@hidden         | address@hidden