qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] qemu Changelog Makefile Makefile.target TODO ae...

From: Christian MICHON
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] qemu Changelog Makefile Makefile.target TODO ae...
Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2007 23:30:38 +0200

On 9/17/07, Andreas Färber <address@hidden> wrote:
> > Evolve, or prepare to be assimilated into the Collective...
>
> Both the qemu.org and the Savannah project page only mention CVS. If
> there are better ways to get the code then inform your users how to
> use that. Writing only of CVS and then telling people they should
> have used git instead is pure nonsense.

it's been more than a year since I turned my back to CVS. I do not
recall "writing only of CVS". What I said was: "if we were using Git,
we would not face these merge conflicts".

You can point to git copies of the CVS qemu repository, or perform
yourself the import. You can even push your modification into the
CVS vault using Git.

If this is not clear to you, see this link:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4XpnKHJAok8

Sticking with CVS is pure nonsense. Period.

> Face reality; this is not some science-fiction movie.

You should face reality. Linux kernel, Xorg, KDE and soon
Gnome made the move over to Git.

It was a sci-fi joke, by the way: I put a smiley behind it.

Einsverstanden ? ;-)

--
Christian