qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Sparc guest - SCSI

From: Andreas Färber
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Sparc guest - SCSI
Date: Fri, 3 Aug 2007 17:31:10 +0200

Am 03.08.2007 um 16:54 schrieb Aurelien Jarno:

I suggest to read the description of the problem from last time:
http://www.mail-archive.com/qemu-devel%40nongnu.org/msg08828.html

I guess there is still one case when this can happen. The only
solution
I see to avoid that is to fix the bug (the problem doesn't occurs on
real hardware, so the emulation is buggy).

I tried that patch before ever posting to this list. Like I reported
earlier, if applied I don't get a kernel panic any more but instead
qemu crashes and is "gone". So sadly it didn't fix the issue for me
as is.

Which version are you using?

At the time both 0.9.0 and CVS HEAD, today CVS HEAD.

This patch is supposed to be in the CVS
already.

Negative, this is the excerpt from today's hw/slavio_intctl.c around line 293:

static void slavio_set_irq(void *opaque, int irq, int level)
{
    SLAVIO_INTCTLState *s = opaque;
    uint32_t mask = 1 << irq;
    uint32_t pil = s->intbit_to_level[irq];

DPRINTF("Set cpu %d irq %d -> pil %d level %d\n", s->target_cpu, irq, pil,
            level);
    if (pil > 0) {
        if (level) {
            s->intregm_pending |= mask;
            s->intreg_pending[s->target_cpu] |= 1 << pil;
        } else {
            s->intregm_pending &= ~mask;
            s->intreg_pending[s->target_cpu] &= ~(1 << pil);
        }
        slavio_check_interrupts(s);
    }
}

Your referenced patch moves slavio_check_interrupts(s); four lines up so is not in CVS.

Andreas