qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Sparc guest - SCSI

From: Andreas Färber
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Sparc guest - SCSI
Date: Fri, 3 Aug 2007 16:36:41 +0200

Am 03.08.2007 um 16:15 schrieb Aurelien Jarno:

Andreas Färber a écrit :
Am 03.08.2007 um 13:52 schrieb Aurelien Jarno:

The problem appears when one interrupt on the SCSI controller is
triggered twice by the interrupt controller, the second interrupt
disturb the driver.

I have fixed one problem like that a few months ago in the CVS, so it
happens less often, but there is still a problem somewhere.

Do you know under which circumstances this happens? And is there any
way to avoid it?

I suggest to read the description of the problem from last time:
http://www.mail-archive.com/qemu-devel%40nongnu.org/msg08828.html

I guess there is still one case when this can happen. The only solution
I see to avoid that is to fix the bug (the problem doesn't occurs on
real hardware, so the emulation is buggy).

I tried that patch before ever posting to this list. Like I reported earlier, if applied I don't get a kernel panic any more but instead qemu crashes and is "gone". So sadly it didn't fix the issue for me as is.

And without knowing about interrupt controllers it is hard to fix a bug no-one knows what or where exactly it is and how it should be fixed... :(

Andreas

http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/qemu-devel/2007-06/msg00086.html