qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] qemu-system-arm -M akita/terrier - which roms work? (mo

From: Juergen Lock
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] qemu-system-arm -M akita/terrier - which roms work? (more patches... :)
Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2007 00:30:23 +0200

On Sun, Jul 29, 2007 at 03:46:37AM +0200, andrzej zaborowski wrote:
> Hi,
Hi,

> On 29/07/07, Juergen Lock <address@hidden> wrote:

> >  Anyway, boot now fails with:
> >         qemu: fatal: pxa2xx_gpio_read: Bad offset 0x1c
> > i.e. it is apparently expecting something there that is not yet
>
> Oh, it's Sharp's poor code :)  the GPSR (0x1c) and GPCR registers are
> write-only. I think it's safe to assume that the real hardware returns
> the last written value in these addresses when reading, but in the
> documentation they are write-only.

Yeah it was crashing in static int force_8bit_access_check_and_set
in linux/drivers/pcmcia/cistpl.c, apparently while doing an
        GPSR(GPIO54_nPCE_2) = GPSR(GPIO54_nPCE_2);
Patched that (patch-pxa-gpsr, attached), and now the boot seems
to be hanging somewhere in userland...

> > emulated.  And when i boot with init=/bin/sh I can't do much because
> > the keymap seems to be wrong or the fn key otherwise gets lost.
> > (similar effect with the poky image btw, I wonder is this a qemu
> > problem or is just noone using the terminal there? :)
>
> The problem here is the 2.6 kernel's default keymap and the zaurusd
> daemon used in poky and openzaurus. They use this strange keymap and
> qemu tries to account for that. I had first set a keymap in qemu that
> matched the console keymap but later when I started using X it was
> unusable and other users also didn't like that so I remapped all the
> keys, but the remapping is not perfect even now, because the real
> Zaurus keymap is too far from a normal pc keyboard (and I don't have a
> physical one).

 Yeah it has an fn key that is used to generate most special characters...
But even shift didn't work on the 2.4 kernel's console (and as I said
fn apparently got lost too), and with the poky rxvt it seemed like
anything that uses fn caused an error (cursor flashes quickly) instead
of sending the corresponding character.

> Thanks for the patches, I will have a look tomorrow (hopefully).

 Thanx for committing, :)
        Juergen