qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] qemu/linux-user syscall.c syscall_defs.h

From: Blue Swirl
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] qemu/linux-user syscall.c syscall_defs.h
Date: Sun, 8 Jul 2007 14:54:21 +0300

On 7/8/07, Blue Swirl <address@hidden> wrote:
> Modified files:
>         linux-user     : syscall.c syscall_defs.h
>
> Log message:
>          Fix Sparc64 stat system call

Now Sparc64 linux-user emulator can run a statically compiled 'sash'
shell. Some built-in commands do not work (ar, gzip, ls, tar), but
many others do (cd, cmp, cp, find, grep, gunzip, mkdir, more, mv, rm,
rmdir, setenv, sum, sync, where).

I just noticed that statically compiled OpenBIOS for Unix executable also works!

qemu-sparc64 ./openbios-unix-static
done.
dictionary loaded (160480 bytes).
Initializing memory...done
Jumping to dictionary...No disk found.
No cdrom found
Welcome to OpenBIOS v1.0RC1 built on Jul 4 2007 13:48
 Type 'help' for detailed information

[unix] Booting default not supported.

0 > cr ." hello world!" cr
cr ." hello world!" cr
hello world!
ok
0 > show-devs
show-devs
233e28 /
234000 /aliases
234128 /openprom (BootROM)
2343e0 /openprom/client-services
234510 /options
2345f0 /chosen
234790 /builtin
2348b8 /builtin/console
23d480 /packages
23d9b8 /packages/client-iface
23f068 /packages/disk-label
23f828 /packages/cmdline
2414e0 /packages/deblocker
241ae8 /packages/misc-files
242018 /packages/sun-parts
23fbb0 /pci (pci)
23fef0 /pci/isa (isa)
2406c0 /memory
2407e8 /cpus
240f88 /unix
241120 /unix/block (unix-block)
242270 /unix/block/disk
ok
0 >

This means that now the CPU emulation should be good enough for
OpenBIOS in system emulator also. I suspect register window trap
handlers or memory management prevent it from working.