qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] qemu-user mmap not thread-safe?

From: Alexander Graf
Subject: [Qemu-devel] qemu-user mmap not thread-safe?
Date: Thu, 24 May 2007 17:00:16 +0200

Hi,

while playing around with TLS on i386 i came across this problem which
occurs even when no TLS is used at all. If two threads just malloc()
memory all the time I get a segmentation fault after a short time. Might
this be a serious bug?

If anyone more experienced in the mmap internals of qemu could take a
look at this I'd be really glad Appended is the source file as well as
the compiled i386 binary (glibc 2.3 w/o TLS) to trigger this.

The very same executable works just fine on a real pc.

Thanks a lot,

Alexander Graf