qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] emulated lance device crashes in debian-sparc32

From: Blue Swirl
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] emulated lance device crashes in debian-sparc32
Date: Sat, 19 May 2007 22:08:23 +0300

On 5/19/07, Blue Swirl <address@hidden> wrote:
On 5/19/07, Mark Glines <address@hidden> wrote:
> The weird thing is, when I add "-net nic,model=lance" to my command line
> right before "-net user", the crash does not occur.  I kinda assumed from
> the above backtrace that the lance driver was selected on sparc32 by
> default...

This patch fixes the crash. But I'm not convinced it's the right one,
perhaps the default net parameter logic could be improved instead:
   /* init network clients */
   if (nb_net_clients == 0) {
       /* if no clients, we use a default config */
       pstrcpy(net_clients[0], sizeof(net_clients[0]),
               "nic");
       pstrcpy(net_clients[1], sizeof(net_clients[0]),
               "user");
       nb_net_clients = 2;
   }

Also one of the network options could be a black hole kind of device,
such that unlike the "none" type, the device exists, it just can't
send or receive anything.