qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] vdq and qemu

From: Mattia Gentilini
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] vdq and qemu
Date: Mon, 14 May 2007 14:13:27 +0200

address@hidden ha scritto:
My question is if I can also use the wirefilter feature of vde in this context
without changing vdeq? Does anybody have experience with this ?
As far as I know wirefilter is to be placed into a VDE cable, i.e. in a dpipe. So, if you use something like

dpipe <vde_plug_connecting_to_vdeq> = <ssh_or_netcat_or_nothing> <remote_vde_plug>

to connect your local vdeq to some local or remote vde_switch, you should change it into

dpipe <vde_plug_connecting_to_vdeq> = wirefilter <wirefilter_options> = <ssh_or_netcat_or_nothing> <remote_vde_plug>

if you don't use a dpipe, e.g. if you connect vdeq to a vde_switch and that switch to a slirpvde, then I think there's no other way that running another switch, link the 2 switches using dpipe and wirefilter (using the syntax above), and connect one switch to vdeq and the other to slirpvde.

--
|\/|55: Mattia Gentilini e 55 mila miliardi di armi in meno
|/_| JID address@hidden - ICQ #64901700     www.getthunderbird.com
|\/| address@hidden - http://MG55.HomeIP.NET/  www.getfirefox.com
* Using Mac OS X 10.4.9 powered by Cerebros (Core 2 Duo) *