qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Create Fake PCI Cards

From: Clemens Kolbitsch
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Create Fake PCI Cards
Date: Fri, 04 May 2007 02:25:05 +0200

Hi everyone!
I've read some posts in the qemu-mailinglist archives about the idea of a pci-proxy (allowing the client-os to access the host-os-pci devices) and the problems related to that.

now, I want to make something similar and wonder if there is already some source code that does all that already (because a big part of it might exist in the proxy mentioned or even in the standard qemu-ethernet-device):

I want to create a "fake"/virtual pci device that only exists in the vm. so basically it boils down to adding a new (wireless) device that is not connected to anything and that i can write data to/read data from the device driver runnnig inside of qemu.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Clemens