qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Re: Fixing ACPI for Vista -- Source code for bios.bin vs.bo

From: consul
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Re: Fixing ACPI for Vista -- Source code for bios.bin vs.bochs CVS?
Date: Tue, 1 May 2007 15:09:00 -0700

I added -fno-stack-protector into the line 103 of the makefile in the bios
directory and was able to compile it.

rombios32.o: rombios32.c acpi-dsdt.hex
 $(GCC) -O2 -Wall -fno-stack-protector -c -o $@ $<

It looks like qemu works fine even with unmodified bochs's bios. However, I
still could not boot the latest beta of Vista, no matter if I applied
bios.diff or not. I don't have the release version of Vista.

Alex.

"Nakajima, Jun" <address@hidden> wrote
in message