qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] ARM Big endian system emulation

From: Alexis Berlemont
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] ARM Big endian system emulation
Date: Sat, 28 Apr 2007 01:23:36 +0200

Hi,

Many thanks for your answer.

> > I have a question concerning the system emulation features : what is
> > missing in the implementation of qemu to get a system emulation of a big
> > endian ARM1026 target (like qemu-armeb for user emulation) ?
>
> In theory most of the bits should be there. However I don't have big-endian
> hardware to test against,

I had a look at the "integrator cp" user guide. This board and the related
core modules are supposed to be able to work in big endian mode (even if some
components are not compatible like the Ethernet controller).

Do you know some other big-endian platform ?

I do not understand one more issue: I do not guess how a real big-endian board
can be useful. Is it for checking whether the Linux kernel is working in such
a configuration ?

Best regards.

Alexis.