qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Patch for SDL framebuffer console problem

From: Kitambi Leo
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Patch for SDL framebuffer console problem
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2007 02:23:26 -0400

I've been using qemu using the Linux framebuffer console, on a machine that's a bit too slow to support X.  There have been more than a few snags, but perhaps the most irritating one was that if qemu crashed (and received a SIGSEGV), it would leave the console in an unusable state.  This would require me to log into the machine via ssh and reboot it remotely.  I'm submitting a patch that installs a signal handler to call sdl_cleanup(), then exit.  This has alleviated my problem with the system being left in an unusable state, however I suspect that the segfault problem lies somewhere in SDL itself, and not in qemu.