qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Qemu / KQemu on 64-bit (x86_64) host systems

From: Bernhard Kauer
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Qemu / KQemu on 64-bit (x86_64) host systems
Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2007 13:26:15 +0200

On Mon, Apr 16, 2007 at 08:47:07AM +0200, Werner Dittmann wrote:
> My general thought about the problem: running 32bit code
> on a 64bit host with similar architecture as this is the case
> of x86 / x86_64 could easily result in problems with signedness,
> sign bit extension, different pointer/word/interger sizes...

qemu-system-x86_64 has indeed some signedness problem. I posted a
patch <address@hidden> a couple of
days ago for the problem that the pagefault address gets incorrectly
sign extended when running 32-bit code. Nevertheless its just a
workaround, the place where this wrong sign extension happend needs
still to be found.

        Bernhard Kauer