qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Detecting an assembly instruction in QEMU

From: Atif Hashmi
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Detecting an assembly instruction in QEMU
Date: Tue, 3 Apr 2007 23:57:01 -0500

Hi All,

I am inserting

movl %eax, %eax

instruction within the assembly code of a program and I am running the code on QEMU which is configured for i386 and is running linux-0.2.img.

I want to detect this assembly instruction within the QEMU code in order to perform a specific operation e.g. when ever QEMU finds this instruction a specific function is called. Could anyone please tell me which QEMU files should I modify in order to add this functionality. I looked through almost all the C files but was unable to figure it out.

I will really appreciate any help.

Thanks,
Atif