qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Bugs

From: James Jacobs
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Bugs
Date: Sat, 31 Mar 2007 19:42:24 +1000

> Using the start.bat file included with the QEMU package (except changing
> cd-rom and hard disk image filenames as appropriate).
> I haven't adjusted any audio settings, I'm using whatever the defaults
are.

which package ?

0.90 has the imagefile bug, so I normally use 0.82 instead

>Not many solutions here. Could be 32 bits related issues, because in my
case I usually use it in XP host, and I do compile my own binaries...

I suggest doing some testing under Win98SE. I'm willing to do this as long
as a reasonable effort gets made to fix reported bugs.

>I find strange even knoppix does not work with raw images. Have you
tried "fdisk" inside the guest ? and what "dmesg | grep hda" gives you ?

It doesn't even get that far. I get this kind of error: "qemu: could not
open hard disk image 'c:\e2\linux\debian.img'" and QEMU then quits. FILEMON
is showing that the file is being opened read-only for some reason, and the
resultcode is shown as SHARING.