qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] virtual machine halting and loosing connections

From: Kyle Hubert
Subject: [Qemu-devel] virtual machine halting and loosing connections
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2007 16:34:04 -0700

I've been looking online, but I can't say that I have found the answer
to this yet.

When using QEMU, I've noticed that if I switch away to a different
virtual desktop on the host OS's WM, then QEMU stops what it is doing.
It's really clear when it's in the middle of a boot, but it always
occurs. This causes havoc since I'm using qemu as an ssh client and
the server I'm connecting to drops me for inactivity. This doesn't
matter if I use keepalive or not.

Also, I have noticed that when using the ondemand governor for the
host OS (AMD PowerNow) that QEMU doesn't register for some reason. My
host CPU stays running at 1GHz, when it is capable of 2.6GHz. I can
run anything on the host OS, and I see the cpu freq jump up, so it
works on the host OS. I believe this may have something to do with
kqemu's acceleration.

Thanks for your time.

-Kyle