qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Potential sparc32 MMU bug

From: Peter Creath
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Potential sparc32 MMU bug
Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2007 22:50:00 -0000

By banging on get_physical_address, I was able to confirm that qemu
will properly assert an exception if the VM's MMU believes the page is
read-only.

How does env->mmuregs[] get mapped to the VM's MMU?  I would normally
write this off as an OpenBIOS bug, but it seems like bad behavior for
an emulator to silently suppress all such access violations.  At least
there should be a way to turn the suppression off for debugging -- or
at least a way for QEMU to log the suppressed error.

Is there such a way that I've missed?