qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Bug in socket implementation?

From: Alexey Parshin
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Bug in socket implementation?
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2007 05:41:57 -0000

Hello,

I'm developing a cross-platform app that deals with UDP sockets. I've discovered a very strange phenomena during debugging of that program. It doesn't happen under pure Windows, or under pure Linux, only in qemu-Windows.

The setup:
        Host:   Gentoo Linux
        Guest:  Windows XP SP1

Task:
A UDP-socket exchanges with several packets with one machine, then sends several packets to another machine.

Problem:
        All the packets arrive on the first machine.

Packets are controlled with WireShark (former Ethereal) and contain correct source and destination fields. When the packets sent to the second machine arrive on the first machine, they have the correct data section of the packet. If you can take a look at this that could be great.

QEMU is a beatiful thing for my tasks. Good job!

With regards,

Alexey Parshin