qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Qemu's -smb switch

From: Peter Besenbruch
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Qemu's -smb switch
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2007 04:42:50 -0000

I finally got the -smb function to work with Qemu and a Windows 98 guest OS. In so doing I found the "man" page for Qemu unclear, and in one case, flat wrong.

The unclear part is that if one uses a "-net user" in the command line, you specifically need to add "-net nic" also, or it won't work; Windows will not even show a network login. Also not clear is that one can put a "[qemu]" section in the smb.conf file, and that works well.

The wrong part is the IP address to put in the "lmhosts" file of the guest, Windows OS. 10.0.2.4 is wrong. It should be 10.0.2.2.
--
Hawaiian Astronomical Society: http://www.hawastsoc.org
HAS Deepsky Atlas: http://www.hawastsoc.org/deepsky