qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] sparc-softmmu debian netinst fails

From: Lonnie Mendez
Subject: [Qemu-devel] sparc-softmmu debian netinst fails
Date: Sat, 24 Mar 2007 15:37:32 -0500

   Hi.  A few months ago I was able to successfully install from a
debian sparc netinst iso.  This doesn't seem to be possible now as the
install hangs right after the Detecting Hardware dialogue (after asking
for hostname and domain).  The screen will change from the usual blue
background/light grey foreground to completely black display.  The iso
is linked below.

   I used `qemu-system-sparc -hda deb-sparc.img -cdrom
debian-31r5-sparc-netinst.iso -localtime -nographic -boot d` to try the
install again on the same linux x86 host.

http://cdimage.debian.org/debian-cd/3.1_r5/sparc/iso-cd/debian-31r5-sparc-netinst.iso