qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] qemu-arm: wrong execution of post-indexed loads when Rm

From: Paul Brook
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] qemu-arm: wrong execution of post-indexed loads when Rm and Rd are the same register
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2007 21:10:39 +0000

> > This is still wrong.
>
> So, is this a known bug?

Still wrong implies it's a bug, and your patch does not fix it properly.

> > The writeback must happen after the load.
>
> We code like this because
> - we didn't find this restriction in arm reference manual

It's the Abort model section you mention below.

> - the LLVM uses this instruction expecting a result like this

The compiler knows nothing about the abort behavior. The difference is only
visible if the load faults.

> - That was the result that we got running these instructions in an OMAP1710

I suggest you check again. I'm fairly sure the arm926 implements the Base
Restored abort model.

Paul