qemu-devel

AW: [Qemu-devel] exporting console over Xforwarding

From: Nenad Cimerman
Subject: AW: [Qemu-devel] exporting console over Xforwarding
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2007 16:31:48 +0100

> Does Qemu support the forwarding of the VGA console over X11/SSH?
> For some obscure reason I dont get it to work while all my other
> remote X stuff does work.
> Thanks,
> Patrick

I tried this once in a cygwin bash using this command:

 # Xwin :0.0 -query cclsol01 -fp cclsol01/7100 &

But it failed and QEMU showed the following message:
'Error initializing SDL...'

After some research I found the reason to be a problem with the shared
libraries, which were installed for 32- and 64-bit mode of my Solaris x86-64
installation.

I used the following command to track down the missing library:

 # ldd /usr/kernel/drv/amd64/kqemu

With the output of the above command, I was able to set the environment
variable LD_LIBRARY_PATH correctly, to make sure the SDL-libs were found.

HTH

Nenad.